1. Who were Adam’s children?
A. Cain and Abel
B. Cain, Abel, and Seth
C. Cain, Able, Seth, and other sons and daughters
2. Which son of Abraham’s name means “laughter”?
A. Ishmael B. Isaac C. Esau
3. Does the UMC have an official translation of the
A. Yes B. No
4. In a Protestant Bible, how many books are in
the Old and New Testaments?
A. 66 books: 39 OT, 27 NT
B. 66 books: 27 OT, 39 NT
C. 73 books: 46 OT, 27 NT
D. 73 books: 39 OT, 34 NT
5. Which book of five poems was written in
response to the capture and destruction of Judah?
A. Exodus B. 1 Chronicles C. Lamentations
6. Joseph was Jesus’ earthly father. In Matthew’s
Gospel, what was Joseph’s father’s name?
A. Zechariah B. Jacob C. Ezekiel
7. Which of the following words is used to describe
a heavenly being in the Bible?
D. All of the above
8. Which angel visited Mary in Nazareth?
A. Michael B. Malachi C. Gabriel
9. Which of these miracles is recorded in all 4 gospels?
A. Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead
B. Jesus feeds the multitude bread and fish
C. Jesus walks on water
D. Jesus turns water into wine
10.Which disciple said to Jesus, “No, you shall never
wash my feet”?
A. Thomas B. Judas C. Peter
1. C 6. B
2. B 7. D
3. B 8. C
4. A 9. B
5. C 10. C
8-10 correct Ultimate understanding
4-7 Correct Moving toward perfection!
0-3 correct Could use more study!
Visit http://www.umc.org for additional explanations regarding the answers and for more fun quizzes!